Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today in Sports: March 27th

- On this day in 1978, Kentucky beat the Duke Blue Devils to win the 40th Men's NCAA Basketball Championship, 94-88 giving Kentucky its first NCAA Championship in 20 years. As these two teams careen toward their meeting in the Final Four, you have to wonder if the result will be the same or not

- Also Happy Birthday to former Eagle quarterback, Randal Cunningham, who was born on this day in 1963. In a 1992 interview with Sport, Cunningham told Larry Platt about how he was originally perceived by the people of Philadelphia: "I think a lot of that Hollywood image is because I went to school at Vegas, and because of my friendship with Whitney (Houston). I came here from Vegas and the media was saying, 'Here's this Michael Jackson, jheri-curl, fur-coat-and tight-jeans-wearing dude who is not East Coast style at all.' Even though I'm not a party-type guy, my West Coast attitude turned a lot of people off." I just find that very funny.


- Quote of the Day: In discussion of the perfect way to win basketball games: "The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy." - Jerry Tarkanian

No comments:

Post a Comment