Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dear NCAA- I'm Done With You

So I am officially throwing away my entire bracket. After a hours of scratching my head and trying to come up with a quality bracket based on what I THOUGHT were solid well-rounded teams, the first day of March Madness has me standing looking at my TV thinking what the fluff just happened here.

Now, I'm all for the underdog and live by the Any Given Sunday mentality, but I also like winning and right now that's looking highly unlikely.

If case you were sleeping under a rock, let's recap the tomfoolery that happened on the hardwood tonight.

  • Murray State (13) beat Vanderbilt(4) with a buzzer beater
  • Villanova (2) squeaks by Robert Morris (15) in overtime
  • BYU (7) and Florida (10) go into double overtime with BYU coming out on to

And the one that has really shocked many college basketball fanatics

  • Ohio (14) soundly and succinctly laid the smack down on a dumbfounded Georgetown (3) with a 97 - 83 victory. At one point they even had a 19 point lead over the Hoyos.

Now I'm sitting her watching Washington (11) vs. Marquette game (6) and I honestly have no idea how this is going to turn out with 5 minutes left on the clock. And even if I had a prediction I wouldn't speak it into existence because it would probably be wrong. So thank you NCAA for reminding me of all the reason why I hate to love and love to hate March Madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment