Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tiger to Return at Augusta


Tiger Woods released this statement today:

"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta," Woods said in a statement.


"The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional; I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it's been a while since I last played."

But Tiger’s timing for his comeback brings two slightly unfortunate things to mind:

1. As evidenced by the fact that Tiger took his good time clearing up the confusion between whether he was returning at Augusta or at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, I don’t think his relationship with the media will get any friendlier even as he returns.
2. Tiger still doesn’t have good enough PR people to realize that perhaps making his comeback at a golf club notorious for its banning women from playing isn’t the best idea if he wants to win back the female population.
Nevertheless I am happy to see that the only reason to watch a golf match is returning to the course and I hope he starts winning just so everyone can quiet down a little about his social life. (ESPN)

No comments:

Post a Comment