Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bracket Busted.

Well I for one will probably think twice about doing a bracket next year. I mean is there even a point anymore? Was there ever? It might just be more fun to go without a bracket so I can root for the underdog in Ohio over Georgetown without being worried how that will affect my Sweet Sixteen. Not having a bracket might just make the tournament more enjoyable...


I'm sure that many of you, like me, sat there torn, watching the Kansas - Northern Illinois game come down to its final minutes, not knowing whether to root for the underdog or go with the result that would save my bracket. I personally would rather enjoy the game and not have to worry about some arbitrary predictions I made days ago. Now if I had somehow figured out all the right predictions would I probably be touting myself as some sort of genius right now, sure. But since that's not the case by a long shot, I might end up forgoing this little ritual next year unless I just flip a coin to make my picks and call it a day.

ESPN provides some statistics from its Tournament Challenge Game. Out of 4.8 million entries not one of them is completely correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment