Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where In the World is ... Lebron James?


GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING. Today is the day that people have been talking about for 2 years. It is July 1st 2010. The date hardly matters, but what can occur starting today does. Today is the first day of free agency or as it is called this year the first day of the Lebron sweepstakes. Over the next few weeks he will most likely be wined and dined by every NBA team that has any prayer of signing him. Not since MJ made his move to Washington have I heard such buzz about what one person can do for a city.
But where will Lebron end up? As I am moving to Chicago you can imagine my excitement when I found out that the Bulls were a front runner only to find out the next day that according to another source that Miami Heat were the new number 1. Then I wake up this morning and New York is leading the race because Lebron was seen checking out Bill Joel's old apartment. Who knows what tomorrow will show, possibly the New Jersey and Dallas billionaires will be battling it out to see who can spend the most money on impressing King James. And what if, I know it sounds crazy Lebron decides to stay in Cleveland, talk about the most anticlimactic ending ever.
Now I will throw in my 2 cents projection about where I believe Lebron will end up, but even as a betting man I wouldn't put any money on this. And if you were wondering how one could put money on this sweepstakes, the answer my friends, season tickets! Right now season tickets for all teams bidding for Lebron are at a reasonable price, BUT on the day of the signing or just before the signing the ticket prices will go through the roof and your resale of the tickets would provide a nice kickback.

Projection Percentages:
Chicago 35% New York 25% New Jersey 25% Cleveland 10% Miami 5%.

1 comment:

  1. Its very interesting because I believe it'll be good for the league only if he goes to New York, Chicago, or stays in Cleveland. After Chicago became a frontrunner in the Lebron sweepstakes, I thought it might actually be a great situation for the NBA. Originally I felt that it wasn't a good move because of the Jordan legacy, but think about it: the only dynasties worth mentioning in NBA history are... Boston and LA. Why not add Lebron to the bulls to spark a possibly blooming dynasty in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete