Sunday, April 18, 2010

Photo of the Day: Garnett Suspended from Game 2


Kevin Garnett elbowed Quentin Richardson as part of the near-fracas that resulted in his ejection.



Here is what Garnett had to say about what went down between him and Richardson. "I saw Paul grab his shoulder, as a stinger or whatever, so I just tried to immediately call [Celtics trainer] Ed [Lacerte] over," Garnett explained after the game. "I tried to give him some room and I just saw [Quentin Richardson] standing over him talking nonsense. I asked [Richardson] to give him some room and, before you knew it, mayhem started. That situation, man, I know these two [Richardson and Pierce] have competed against each other in the past and have history from bumping heads a little bit. I was just trying to give him the common courtesy for an injured player, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
"I have no beef with Q, I know him personally. I thought what he did was a bit disrespectful, standing over a guy hurt, you know, and talking nonsense. Before you knew it, it all just broke out. I gotta use my head, but all I saw was Paul hurt and that's all I cared about at that time."
The question is now, what does this mean for the Celtics in Game 2? Pierce reports that his shoulder feels better but it is still questionable or if better means that he will be 100%. The Celtics put up a good fight in the first game of the series and a less than healthy Pierce and no Garnett could make the next game a bit difficult.
Both Garnett and Richardson were also fined $25k

No comments:

Post a Comment