Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Photo of the Day: Braylon Busted

27 year old Jets wide receiver, Braylon Edwards, was arrested yesterday morning at 5:15am for having illegally tinted windows. Once the police had pulled him over they smelled alcohol and Edwards failed the Breathalyzer blowing .16 Edwards was at a charity event Monday night hosted by his teammate Jerrico Cotchery.

Reports came out this morning that Edwards, expected the cops to give him a break and let him off. "We were coming from a party. How about I just leave the car and take a cab and go home?" Edwards told officers during the stop. He would go on to question the validity of the stop, "Why was I stopped for having tints if my driving didn't lead you to believe I was drunk?"

The Jets last night said Edwards will not be suspended. However, he will not be allowed to start Sunday night's game in Miami and will be fined $50,000 by the NFL.

1 comment:

  1. This guy! I was highly disappointed when I heard the news. Then I heard about the "Player Protect" program that the NFL has in place and all that it entails. Now I just think he's oblivious to the real world consequences of his actions. If he was so willing to leave his car after the cops pulled him over, why couldn't he just leave his car at the event and take advantage of the player protect program? C'mon man!!

    ReplyDelete